Shining Stars Christmas Appeal
Get involved this Christmas by:
• Making a dedication for your loved one or our hospital staff
• Joining us for our annual carol service
As the winter season approaches and our thoughts turn to celebrations, remembrance and thanks, Southampton Hospital Charity would like to give you the opportunity to make a special dedication.
We invite you to dedicate a Shining Star to celebrate the life of someone who can't be with us at this time, or write a personal message of thanks to a friend, relative, hospital individual or team.
Your Shining Star could buy...
- £10 - Craft materials for elderly care wards
- £25 - Christmas presents for some of our paediatric patients who are in hospital over Christmas
- £50 - Memory boxes for parents of child bereavement. This includes photos, prints and locks of hair
- £100 - Tablet entertainment for the respiratory high dependency unit
- £250 - One whole year's worth of refreshments for memory clinics supporting carers looking after people with dementia
Remember, a donation doesn't have to be large to make a difference - just give what you can. Please support our Shining Stars Christmas Appeal today.
- Write a cheque payable to Southampton Hospital Charity
- Text STAR03 £10 to 70070
- Make your dedication online at www.memorygiving.com/shiningstars2015
- Take to one of the team on 023 8120 8881
Remember, a donation doesn't have to be large to make a difference - just give what you can.
Please support our Shining Stars Christmas Appeal today.
We would like to take this time to thank you for your continued support, and wish you and your family a peaceful Christmas and New Year.
Please take the time to read our 2015 Shining Stars dedications. These are the people who are remembering someone.
- Rita Benson: Gordon Benson - A lovely Husband, Dad and Grandad.
- Lindy Cansdale: Orthopaedic Department.
- Sylvia Clarke: My darling husband Gerald, no longer with us, but received wonderful care from the Stroke Unit staff, thank you.
- Joan Cole: Norman Cole.
- Patricia Cross: Eileen and Barry Jones.
- Carol Dawkins: In memory of Arthur Allan Hart who died in Southampton General Hospital 28.07.15 forever in our hearts.
- Beryl Dobson: Southampton General Hospital Staff.
- Sylvia Fisher: All of the Nurses.
- Susan Francis: Pam Wyatt 19.08.29 - 28.05.10. My lovely much missed mum.
- Patricia Golden: In memory of my dear husband, Alby Golden who died over 11 years ago at the hospital.
- Rita Hale: Our lovely son, Mark Hale who left us in July 2014. We love and miss you so much. Rest in Peace.
- Sheila Horsead: Dr Crabb and all staff in oncology level C for the kindness and care provided to Mike Horstead.
- Pamela Huphrey: To all the dedicated staff at Southampton General, I have been an inpatient several times in all the departments.
- Marie Ings: Darling husband Nicholas and wonderful wife and mother Marie, loved and missed by wife and daughter Marie, Clare and husband Ken.
- Tracey Jennings: Pat Stedman - my beautiful mum. We'll miss you so much, this our first Christmas without you. Love always.
- Shirley Laing: Remembering my kind gentle husband, Peter Laing, lost 30th December 2014 and all help and support received from the hospital.
- Patricia Legg: My daughter in law Mrs Marla Abel, who died five years ago of cancer, and all the children who are unwell, Love Jesus.
- John Leyland: Sister Winifred, Greatly Missed.
- John and Win Morgan: All staff, nurses, doctors all on C7.
- Lily Nordbruch: John Cross a loving father and grandfather.
- Mavis Rabbetts: To the charity team, have a nice Christmas and New Year, God Bless.
- Andrew Sculpher: The Eye Department.
- Penelope Senior: To my happy grandson, my darling husband Rych. All my love Penny.
- Stephen Smart: Our mother Mrs Jean E Smart.
- Andrea Smith: Alex, we love and miss you every day.
- Hilda Stawinoga: All the staff of Southampton Hospital just to say thank you.
- Mavis Stote: These stars are dedicated to George Mary, Brian Stote and William & Nance Sansom.
- Sheila Symons: My husband Frank Symons who died in the hospital in July. My special thanks to the wonderful ICU team.
- Mr and Mrs Taylor: To all the staff at Southampton Hospital. Best Wishes.
- Violet Trudgen: All Get Well.
- Thelma Williams: Imogen Williams.
- Jean Wilson: My darling husband Stuart 02.04.37 - 04.02.2002. Loving you always Jeanie x
- Juliette Battman: Lou - DEAREST LOU LOU HAPPY CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN LITTLE ANGEL LOTS OF LOVE NANNY JUJUES XX
- Katie Turner: For all the staff on the paediatric intensive care unit who saved my daughters life in February 2011, all the staff on the paediatric cardiology ward who cared for her during her open heart surgery, and who still care for her. My daughter is Martha Walton from Plymouth.
- Kate: I would like to thank everyone who looked after me during my treatment for breast cancer especially the nurses of C3 & D2 who are most definitely Shining Stars.
- Claire Hartnell - CJ Garden Services Ltd - All the loved ones no longer with us this Christmas x
- Marion Andrew - My Brother, Kevan Sitch and my friend Trish Jones. I miss you both xx
- Sylvia Angell - If Gold Stars were given to surgeons, Eye Surgeon Mr Richard Newsom would be The Star.
- Joan Bliss - Paediatric patients in hospital over Christmas.
- Sue Bunker - Anne Chesney, my wonderful sister who bravely fought leukaemia for 6 years and is greatly missed by all.
- Deborah Cullenaine - Marlene Lockett.
- Janet Edwards - John Edwards Treasured memories of a husband, father and grandfather, always in my thoughts John, you loving wife Jan.
- Graham Farrington - Reg & Frances Farrington, suffering now over at home now in heaven.
- Michael Harrison - To the Stroke Unit for being so good to my Auntie Muriel.
- Jean Hawkins - Hospital Nurses and Staff Alec Hudson - Our friends Vic Sammit & Eric Life.
- Mr & Mrs Jerram - Everyone working on Christmas Day.
- Andy Jinks - Everyone, Your doing such a great job and thanks for all you did for me - Andy Jinks.
- Frank Jones - My Loving Family Alfred Le Boutillier - Wishing the Radiotherapy Team all the best for Christmas and the New Year. Alfred (Jersey)
- R Margham - Mrs Margham.
- Carolyn Martin - Remembering dear Mum and Dad, grandmother and grandfather - Joan and Len Bailey. Much Loved xxx
- Evelyn Masterson Ingram - Doctors and Nurses.
- Vivianne McDowell - Leanne Rosemary McDowell - who was our very own shining star. She was the best daughter anyone could ask for, badly missed.
- Vivienne O'Connor - Missing you, John, June & Teresa.
- Brian Penaluna - The memory of Mrs Joanne Merchant of Jersey who received such wonderful care throughout her stay. God Bless You All.
- Sage Peter - A Big thank you to all the hospital staff at Southampton.
- Andrew Richardson - All Doctors, Nurses and other staff at SGH. Thank you from the Richardson and Pearce families.
- Carolyn Searle - Margaret Chandler who helped so many people during her life.
- Valerie Sleeney - Ken Sleeney, I will love and miss you forever Val.
- Patricia Helen Spraggon - With love & best wishes to you all & a happier, healthier New Year, Love Patricia.
- Helen Beryl Street - Ian Derek Street, Loving Son of Beryl and the late Harold.
- Michael Taylor - Mary Taylor, God Bless from Mike, Barry and Richard.
- John White - To my late wife, Sheila White, a wonderful person and loving wife and mother.
- Teddy Lloyd Jocelyn - In memory of our beautiful baby boy Teddy Lloyd Jocelyn, who was well looked after by all the amazing staff on neonatal before he grew his wings xx
- Christine Brotherwood - Maisie Bowering who has Crohn's Disease and has been treated at Southampton.
- Molly Coombes - Gerry Coombes the light in our lives, remembered always and especially at Christmas time.
- Brian & Carol Hunt - Nr Neil Pearce and the wonderful work he and his planets team are undertaking.
- Kathleen Lovett - Ronald & Suzanne Lovett - Always loved and greatly missed by all their family and friends.
- K & G Madden - Dr M Jenner & His Team for the wonderful work they do.
- Stephen Preston - Fetal Medicine and the Neonatal Unit who both looked after our Daughters.
- Kathleen Reading - All the staff on C7 who cared for my husband until he passed away - December 2014. Dedicated, kind & Caring.
- John Smith - Jenny Smith, who passed away April 2011 but who is still in our hearts Love John, Zoe, Judy and Jasie.
- Carol Dawkins - In memory of James William Charles Purdue who died on the 17 October 2015. A true gentleman. Sadly missed by Dorothy, Kathy, Arthur and Family, neighbours and friends.
- Andrew & Sophie Baker -To Isaac, Little man, always shining in our hearts. Love Mummy & Daddy xxx
- John Andrew - Dear Patricia Love you always John
- Wendy Cook - Colin Pitter - still sadly missed & never forgotten x Wendy xx
- Sarah Cripps - The very lovely James Tappin, can't believe you are gone. Love you lots Sarah, Jack, Jamie and Sophie xxxx
- Sarah Cripps - Dr Andy Eynon and all the caring staff who treated James Tappin, and us, with such dignity. Thank you, the Tappins x
- Ron and Pamela Debnam - Pamela Debnam - My Brother Frank. Always my best friend. Miss you so much, fondest memories from Pam & Ron
- Doreen Howlett - Henry George Howlett All my love as always Doreen xxx
- Felicity Lampard - Michael Lampard - A wonderful husband, father and grandpa - missed so very much
- Helen Morgan - My Dad, Peter Morgan, who is missed by his Daughters, Grandsons, Wife and Family. Thank you SGH for looking after him.
- Margaret Paske - From David and Christine Holmes and Margeret Paske
- Philip and Mary Payton - All the children who have to spend the festive period in hospital.
- Judith Pomphrey - My mother, Patricia and my brother in law Nigel
- Mandy Purkiss - Ted Purkiss, a kind and gentle man and the staff of the older adults ward, where he died in 2013
- Jane Tabor - Mr Jack Curtis, A wonderful Dad, Husband sadly missed
- Helen Vanstone - Alan Palkins - wish you could have watched the family grow as we got old together
- Annabella White - In loving memory of Brigadier Terry White
Shining Stars Carol Service
Our Shining Stars Carol Service is taking place on Thursday 10 December, 7.00pm at St James Church, Southampton, SO15 5LW.
We hope that you will join us for our annual Shining Stars carol concert. Bring your family and friends and experience an evening of carols and seasonal refreshments to really get you in the festive spirit!
Alternatively, you can make a donation to our Shining Stars Christmas Appeal by texting STAR03 £10 to 70070 from your mobile today.
We have a wide range of charity Christmas cards on our website.
This is an easy way to support Southampton Hospital Charity, and we have a wide range of festive designs to choose from.
Whether you are looking for a religious card (The Nativity); personalised Southampton Hospital Charity card (The Village Shop); snowman card (Snowmen's Party); or the age old problem of getting the Christmas tree home (Christmas Tree), then we have something for everyone.
If you have kids, we also stock Santa Kits, Classmate Packs and Reindeer food.